So I have finished this image! I kept finding there was more I could do - sometimes it's hard to know when to stop. Although I've decided that once you can only see improvements by starting parts all over again... it's best to end and it and move onto something new. So here we go... I'm pretty pleased with it, im using lots of layered shaders - went a bit out of control with my bump maps - and crashed maya many times! But finally got there.
Whooo, finished at last! I really like how grimy this is and the texture of the walls, wallpaper, holes in the walls. Those are the best parts! Not my favourite though, which is ovbiously the ducks :p
ReplyDeleteBrief criticisms are that a picture frame/ faded photo or something along those lines might have been better than the damaged blank piece of paper - was you thinking calendar? I agree that the space needed filling but it's not clear what the item is and I'm dubious as to whether it fits into a bathroom scene.
The toothbrushes and paste look grea, the texture of the sink and tiles is cool. The dirt on the tea towel is a little too close to the wall texture and combined with the slightly too stiff look it has, it made me half wonder if it wasn't a brick pretending to be a tea towel ;)
Great wooden texture. The soap is a little too clean looking for my liking. And last of all, that slit of lighting coming through the window? Beautiful.
Time for the next project? xxx
haha it's supposed to be a dusty mirror! Thanks for pointing that out that you didn't know what it was ... I might have to do something about that in the future - well I guess I will have to as it kind of is the major fault of the whole picture if you don't even know what it is!
ReplyDeletehaha a brick pretending to be a tea towel??! It's good I take criticism well!! I actually find that quite amusing, and yes I can see... I could have made it a little more natural! but come on at least I made it look semi fluffy?
Oh yes I know the soap is too clean.. my problem with the piece is that it hasn't got a consistency of dirt... I think this is because in my mind I wasn't sure what I was going for. I didn't know whether this bathroom was completely dirty,messy and old or whether it was perhaps someone making the most of a bad situation - so they put in fresh soap and the cute little ducks (much to how I think of our current sink!)
So I got a little lost in the concept and should have figured this out at the start. But yes it is time for the next project! I am thinking of making a bicycle... to put in an exterior environment, lent up against a house :)
Oh and thank you for the critique x
ReplyDelete